Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Badminton writing...

"Brrrrr" it was freezing cold as I was sitting on the floor but the burst of excitement to play Badminton kept me warm.

On Thursday morning the 4th of August, Room 22 went to the hall to have a session with a lady called Laureen. She taught us how to play Badminton. Laureen was from the Auckland Badminton Club.


The first activity we did was to control a shuttle. It looks easy but when you try to do it, its hard. We also stopped at some time and Laureen showed us some cool tricks like how to hit the shuttle under your legs. The tip she gave us was not to look down.

The next activity we did was to get in a circle and get 5 shuttles and take 5 steps back from the rubbish bin. The thing we had to try to do was to hit the shuttle inside the bin. Etta was the first one to get it in. She kept saying that she was the best but then I got one in and then she didn’t say anything back.

Our next activities was to get a partner and a cone. What we had to do was your partner had to serve the shuttle and the other person had to try and get it in the cone. It is so easy that I could do it with my eyes closed. I had so much fun that I didn’t want to stop.

I can not wait to have our next session. I am all ready to go.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Victoria your writing is just awesome but I think the only thing you need to work on is just to proof read your work before publishing it so that when other people read it it will be excellent.Other than that your work was great Badminton is really fun did your class get to a point where they were sweating? Our class did and they we dribbling as well Hope to see more blog posts from you.

    ReplyDelete