Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Room 22 first Netball session 1...


Last week on Thursday the 5th of May, Room 22 headed out to the hard courts near the staff room. There was a lady named Emma waiting and she was going to teach us some netball skills. She is also a helper down at the netball courts where all our girls go for their netball game.

What did she teach us you ask?. Well, she taught us some amazing stuff like what dynamic stretches are. Here are 3 dynamic stretches we have done. They were butt flicks, high knees and the grape vine. Another thing she taught us was how to pass a ball properly. My partner was Charm. I already knew how to pass a ball because I’ve played netball before. When I threw the ball to Charm it kept going over his head. One more thing she taught us was how to step and receive the ball. It was challenging but we all maneged. When we stepped we had to say ice-cream.

Then it was time to play a game called corner ball. It is similar to netball but to get a goal you had to jump in the cone and catch the ball. It sounds simple but when you play the game it is hard because you have 32 kids playing on the court. We were split in to 2 groups boys and girls. After playing the game I had a sore back. That’s because when I jumped for the ball Charm came and bumped me and then I fell on my back.

After everything we learned, I am starting to like netball again. I can not wait for next Thursday for our 2nd session. I wonder what we are going to learn.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Victoria,

    You are so lucky that you got to have some netball sessions. I wish my class got do do that.You put a lot of detail in to your writing so it was easy to understand what you were doing.
    Keep up the great writing!

    Litia

    ReplyDelete